A Few things that makes us stand out
How we operate
DIVE WITH US
East Africa Diving is not only very well located for your diving holiday in Zanzibar, we have lot more to offer:
We list a few reasons why we stand out from the rest:
- PADI 5 star Dive Centre
- Dedicated and professional staff
- High standard for safety and equipment
- Regular service of equipment
- DAN Safety Partner (you can get temporary or annual DAN diving insurance through us)
- All inclusive pricing – no extra charges
- Free transfer from and to your hotel (if you are located in the north of the island)
- Free use of internet (wi-fi)
- Free storage for personal diving gear
- Emergency oxygen
some reviews via Google:
How we operate
Welcome to East Africa Diving located in Nungwi on Zanzibars northern tip. Whether you are a seasoned diver or a beginner, diving the beautiful reefs of Zanzibar. We have experienced and dedicated Instructors and Dive Masters that are experts on the underwater world and you will have a truly memorable experience during your stay.
We cater for individual divers, families, small and big groups and also offer private hires.
SNORKELLING: If you are a non-diver, you can also join the divers after a short practice, or show you some great snorkelling spots. Often with a dolphin encounter.
We usually start our 2 tank dive trips at 8:30 (tide depending) in order to get you back to your hotel for lunch. We do our 2 dives at 2 different dive sites. All our dives are boat dives and the boat rides are between 15 minutes to 50 minutes from our dive shop.
We provide snacks and drinking water on all trips. You bring your sun protection and nothing else.
We offer two different snorkelling locations, Mnemba Atoll featuring an abundance of tropical fish, coral formations and very often dophins, yes, you can swim with them too.
Great fun for the whole family.
Tumbatu Island with the two different places. Ras Misikitini and Mwana wa Mwana. There you will see many tropical fish, often a turtle and the most stunning colorful hard and soft coral formations.
For both trips, we provide you with a snorkelling guide, life jackets, drinking water and snacks.
East Africa Diving uses 2 types of boats:
1. A traditional wooden dhow, lots of space, lots of shade for the hot months and ideal for the nearby reefs.
2. Fast RIBs for the more distant dive sites, to cut down on the time to get there.
- All boats have oxygen on board
- On request you can always hire a boat for your private hire.
Our facilities and gear
East Africa Diving is located on the beach in Nungwi, in close vicinity to most hotels and guest houses.
- We use 10 and 12 litre steel tanks.
- DIN or YOKE, no adaptor needed.
- ScubaPro regulators
- ScubaPro, Cressi and Aqualung BCDs
- Long and Short 5mm wetsuits
- For filling clean air we use 2 BAUER compressors, both with integrated BAUER SECURUS PURE AIR systems.
- On request we provide NITROX up to 38%